Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

severe spasms in sides, abdomen and chest- what is going o

Customer Question

severe spasms in sides, abdomen and chest- what is going on?!
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 5 years ago.

Hello

What other symptoms are you having (if any?)

Do you have any medical problems?

Do you take any medications?

Has this happened before?

Is there anything you have done that makes it better or worse?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have fibromyalgia and adhesions issues from previous surgeries for endometriosis and c-section, and 3 surgeries equalling a hysterectomy

I do not take meds as they have nver helped with the fibro pain

I have had similar spasms in the past but only on rare occasion- for the past two weeks had has become an ever increasing issue- there are times where I just double over- literally it looks like there is an alien in there- parts literaaly get so spaz'd that it looks like one sides are physically sucked in

Sometimes the only way to get a start of relieve is to push parts around in combination with some breathing techniques- almost like lamaze- by the time I am done with these bouts lasting from seconds to twenty minutes I am in a cold sweat

Thanks for the additional info.

Have you had your gallbladder checked lately?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No

I would suggest that you have gallbladder disease ruled out via ultrasound. Gallbladder pain is 'colicky' in nature and will come and go in 'bouts as you have described. The pain can radiate to the back, shoulder, chest, and even cause unusual symptoms such as headaches and can be quite severe. The severe gas/bloating that comes and goes along with these bouts can make your abdomen appear 'different'. Any Physician can order this test for you and if the results come back normal, you may be sent for a CT to see about these previous adhesions you have had in the past. Either way, as they are becoming more and more numerous in occasion, I would definitely get an ultrasound underway.

********************

If my answer has provided you with some good insight today, please click "Accept" and I will received proper credit for my time and effort, otherwise, JustAnswer.com will hold your deposit. Before leaving feedback, please let me know if you need clarification or more info.

The info given is intended for educational purposes only. I give no medical advice and do not accept responsibility for the misuse of the information provided. If more info is needed please ask.