Dr Wu
Dr Wu, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board certified family physician, extensive experience in adult medicine, specalizes in geriatrics.
4968719

I have been taking NASCOBAL NASAL SPRAY 2.3 ML 500MCB . I

Customer Question

I have been taking NASCOBAL NASAL SPRAY 2.3 ML 500MCB . I just received word my insurance will no longer cover it, is there some thing else I can take. I had gastric bypass years ago and was told I would always have to take b12. Thanks Customer IN
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Wu replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for submitting your question.

If you prefer using a nasal spray, CaloMist is another B12 nasal spray. Unlike Nascobal, CaloMist should be administered daily.

Since you had gastric bypass surgery in the past, oral supplementation is not an option. The other alternative is B12 injections. The maintenance therapy with B12 injections only requires one injection per month.

I hope this is helpful to you

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX with my insurance to see if it is covered, if not I can at least check prices on both. Thanks for your fast response.