Dr PG M.D.
Dr PG M.D., Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MS
9208484

came along with a rapid change in my eye site

Customer Question

I have recently been told I have rapid growing cateracts. This came along with a rapid change in my eye site. My eye site improved over 1/2 strength. This happened over about 4 months. I am being treated for dry eye following three times on antibiotics for eye infections. I am 53 years old and have worn contacts since I was 13. I have not worn contacts now in 4 months. Have you ever heard of such a rapid change in eye site and do to rapid growing cateracts??? Thank you and have a GREAT day
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr PG M.D. replied 7 years ago.
In some cases the cataracts can progress very fast - cases of uncontrolled diabetes, uncontrolled hypertension, long exposure to sunlight, long exposure to oral steroids or steroid eye drops, previous history of inflammation or uveitis of eyes etc. Rarely the cataracts can progress fast without any cause. At 53 years of age it is normal for cataracts to develop. Also the eyes sight an do tremendously down due to cataract development.
Regards