Pauline
Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.
659881

I need water with no minerals in it. where do I find this.

Customer Question

I need water with no minerals in it. where do I find this. would this be an under ground spring
Category: Health
Expert:  Pauline replied 7 years ago.

Water contains minerals depending on which location it has been collected from. However obtaining 'demineralised water' or 'distilled water' can actually cut down on your intake of these essential minerals.

If it is a taste issue then you can try different brands. Tap water can be improved in taste by the addition of in line filtration devices.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
my daughter ran water thru two filtration devices. this did not help. this also upset my stomach
Expert:  Pauline replied 7 years ago.

So is it tap or bottle water that you have a problem with?

In what way is your stomach upset?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
tap and bottle. I have tried distilled .drinking all bottle water off the shelves
Expert:  Pauline replied 7 years ago.

Distilled water is demineralised so if you did not like the taste then it may be that it is not the minerals that is causing your dislike of taste.

How do you get on with fruit flavoured water?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
sometimes ok others no. is there anywhere in northern IL that has a underground spring . where the water comes up thru the ground. or out the side of a mountain. this set good with my stomach.
Expert:  Pauline replied 7 years ago.

If the water comes up in a spring from the ground then it absorbs minerals from the ground it passs through.

Silvercreek bottling company does a range of water: here or larger supplies: here