Dr Bhumika
Dr Bhumika, Doctor
Experience:  6 years of experience as family physician, general practitioner; MD Chest Diseases; Allergy, Asthma
14756658

skin and if eye creams can cause permanent negative effects..cream

I have already asked about skin and if eye creams can cause permanent negative effects. You guys answered that if the products are from well known companies than the FDA wont allow them to put damaging ingredients into the products. The cream that I have used that I am still concerned about is called Hylexin. It is an eye cream created by Bremmen Research Labs. I found the product online and it really might not be from a major company that has to go through the FDA to put its product up for sale. Can you find out or just answer my question. Has this product been approved by the FDA are there damaging ingredients in it.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Bhumika replied 5 years ago.
Sure we can find it for you. I will research and get back to you.

It seems that the product Hylexin has not been approved by the FDA.

Further, since no research has been undertaken, no side effects are reported. Please note this is because there are no scientific research undertaken by the company/FDA which I could find which described any adverse effects.

I would urge you to abstain from using this product till the time your Doctor approves it for usage. In normal circumstances, products not approved by FDA are not prescribed by medical professionals. This is because it is not possible to estimate the Risk/Benefit ratio of such products.

Hope this helped. Please let me know if you may need any further help.

best regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I used this product for about a month or less a while back and I have been going through regrets worrying that it might have caused negative effects to my skin. Should I be worrying about this or are the odds that it truly screwed up my skin really low.

Frankly speaking, it is difficult to say what the effects could have been.

However, we shall worry when we need to, till that time I think you can relax. Basically, if there are no current issues, I think you can count your blessings and move on.

Please click ACCEPT to help me get my dues.

Hope this helped.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am worried about it and I kind of obsess over things. I think it may have led to some my skin being stripped of its pigment an bit. Like I said I only used the product for 3 weeks or so. It is the only product I have used that has not been FDA approved. Honestly should I be worrying about this or from a professional standpoint are the odds that a company put harsh ingredients just to low.

I am not sure if I can commit on the ingredients that the company put in the cream. It is upto the company and the FDA todecide which drugs come to the market and id safe.

Therefore, like I said earlier, one cannot make any comments on this.

Best regards
Dr Bhumika, Doctor
Experience: 6 years of experience as family physician, general practitioner; MD Chest Diseases; Allergy, Asthma