Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.

my wife and i just was diagnosed with strep throat

my wife and i just was diagnosed with strep throat. my infant son ( 2 mo.) may also have it. what would be some signs that he does and is there anything at home i could do or just take him to the hospital
Category: Health
Expert:  Pauline replied 7 years ago.

Things to look out for would be a red inflamed throat, fussy and crying. He may reduce his feeding and he may develop a fever. He may develop rapid breathing or wheeze if he develops an infection that affects his chest.

Babies have an immune system related to maternal antibodies to it is very unusual for them to get strep throat, however if you are at all worried about the health of your baby then get him checked out.

He is too young to be self treated at home with tylenol and if he develops an infection then he may need antibiotics.