Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

Is restylane safe Do I have to do any blood or allergy test

Customer Question

Is restylane safe? Do I have to do any blood or allergy test before going for it ? And if it is not safe ,is there any other solution for losing almost all the fat off my face?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 8 years ago.

Greetings.

Usually a skin or dermal test is done to test for the allergy, before injecting the restylane. Allergy to it is not common, and in substantial number of population results can be good.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
is it normal to so much fat off my face

Distribution of the fat is very individual and depend on more on the genetic factors. If it is associated with the truncal obesity or abnormal weight distribution elsewhere in the body, hormonal assessment is usually done.

It is pleasure and privilege assisting you.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thanks a lot doctor............so i can go for it but it is better to do allergy test first ......plus a hormonal assessment .......you right doctor i have gain couple of kiloes but i am average not over weight......the bad thing those extra kg didn't affect my face at all....what happened was completely the opposite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are welcome.

An hormonal assessment would be prudent and before getting the injection, a skin sensitivity test for allergy is an essential precautionary measure.

Good luck.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Any side effect for restylane? any precaution before having it? and is there anything else can help me to have a healthy face with nice cheek not like the flat ones i got......
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 8 years ago.

Dr. Phophalia has provided you with excellent information on Restylane so I hope you will accept his answer. Restylane is for use in plumping up wrinkles such as those from the nose to the mouth (nasolabial folds). For flat cheeks you should contact your cosmetic surgeon since Restylane isn't used for this purpose. Implants may be a more permanent solution for you since Restylane needs to be injected every several months to maintain wrinkle reduction.

http://www.restylaneusa.com/safety-information.html