Christy Hammond
Christy Hammond, Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Experience:  I have a B.S.N and more than 10 years of training and experience in patient care and education
902388

I have Parkinsons....I am 78 yrs old....I have 7 children

I have Parkinsons....I am 78 yrs old....I have 7 children and 17 grandchildren and 12 great grandchildren so you see I have a lot to live for....we like to travel and have volunteered with a group for about 7 yrs....from Alaska to Louisianna and Florida....I have had Parkinsons since 2001....So .......what happened that they took the patch off the market? I know that they said there were some butterflies on them...mine did not have these...also what medication would you sugggest....I have no tremor at all ....the top of my body is fine only the bottom half is bad...Ive lost control of my bowels and I am incontenent....I have terrible pain in my legs when my medication wears off....which I try not to let happen....from my knees down my legs are at times bright red....I've just been to see my primary Dr and he says they are ok..my blood work came back fine except that my bilirubin was slightly elevated but he said they would watch it..I take carbo/levo dopa and Namenda and Cymbalta.
Category: Health
Expert:  Christy Hammond replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The Neupro patch was recalled because the active ingredient was found to crystallize within the patch making the amount of drug absorbed into the system inconsistent from one patch to the next. Some patches were made available by physician request for"compassionate use". Otherwise it is not marketed in the United States at this time. Refrigeration has proven an acceptable method to prevent crystal formation and the patch may become available again soon. For more click here.
Experience: I have a B.S.N and more than 10 years of training and experience in patient care and education