Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice

ive been getting a red slightly bumpy rash under my nose for

Customer Question

i've been getting a red slightly bumpy rash under my nose for the past month and half. no treatment i've tried at home seems to work, do you know what this might possibly be?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 7 years ago.
Is the rash present inside the nose, or below it?
Any burning, itching or pain?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the rash is located below and yes sometimes it does itch. it only burns when i use the proactive solution on it.
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 7 years ago.
Hello.Rosacae is chronic facial disorder of middle aged people.It has a acne type part and a vascular part.there may be hyperplasia of the soft tissue of the nose.Metronidazole /Clindamycin gel is used locally for 5-8 weeks take adequate antibiotics like Doxycyclin/Minocyclin in full doses as prescribed by your GP/PCP.We have occassionally encountered a very hardy Streptococcus which takes a prolonged time to eradicate.You may need antibiotics for upto2-3weeks.Isotretinion may work if all else fails.The rash can be stubborn and may need repeated courses of antibiotics.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i'm middle age and righth now the bumps are gone so is the redness but that has atendency to happen.
That is exactly my point.This rash has a tendency to reoccur.You may need to take repeated courses of antibiotics in adequate quantity and for upto 2-4 weeks to get rid of it.The only other possibility is the Connective tissue disorders but then you would have had other symptoms.I would advise you is be watchful and ready and hope for the best!