Dr Wu
Dr Wu, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board certified family physician, extensive experience in adult medicine, specalizes in geriatrics.

I was treated for gonorrhea. And the burning sensation lasted

I was treated for gonorrhea. And the burning sensation lasted a little more than a week while going under treatment. After the treatment was done, the burning was gone. 3 days of not having the burning sensation anymore, I masturbated and now the burning sensation when I urinate is back. Do I still have gonorrhea?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Wu replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for submitting your question.

An injection of Cetriaxone or a single dose of 400mg of cefixime is highly effective against gonorrhea, and treatment failure is very unlikely. If you still have a burning sensation, you may have a different infection( e.g. chlamydia), especially if you also have a penile discharge.

The gonorrhea bacteria can be resistant to other antibiotics. If you did not recieve the treatment I mentioned, then you should be screened for gonorrhea again.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The dr. did give me that shot of centriaxone plus i was on doxy for 7 days and cipro for 10 days. Like before my penis would feel like it was burning all the time even when I wasn't urinating. But after a little more than a week of that treatment, it was gone and had just a little tiny burning sensation. So the dr. put me back on doxy and cipro after seeing a few red bumps on my pubic hair region and 2 small lumps in my inner thigh under my scrotum. After a few days the burning was gone until I started to masturbating again. It's been a week since I noticed the 2 bumps in my inner thigh and they shrunk and are really small now. I'm still on cipro and doxy. So I would think with all the meds that my gonorrhea would have gone away? right?
Expert:  Dr Wu replied 5 years ago.

Yes, the gonorrhea should be completely cured by now. Doxycycline is effective against chlamydia as well. I doubt that the burning sensation you have is associated with any infection. The bumps in your thigh are lymph nodes. The fact that the lymph nodes are smaller is another indication that your infection is treated.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yea I was scared that the bumps on my thigh were genital warts but my dr said they were lymph nodes too. Also, my dr gave me a shot yesterday of penicillin incase I had syphilis. I told him about my burning sensation when I pee and he said don't worry about it because its cured. But why did the burning start back again when I masturbated?
Expert:  Dr Wu replied 5 years ago.

You may have a tiny tear within the urethra that is stimulated/exacerbated by masterbation.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
But do you think that I still have Gonorrhea? And that if I stop masterbating for a while, I'll be back to normal?
Expert:  Dr Wu replied 5 years ago.
I don't think you still have gonorrhea. If you do have a urethral tear, stop sexual intercourse/masterbation for 2 weeks to allow the tear to heal
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I forgot to tell you that when i first saw those lumps on my inner thigh. I thought they were pimples so i tried to squeeze it and a lil pus and blood came out. And the next day I tried squeezing it again but it wouldn't pop or anything. It was just like 2 lumps. You still think thats a lymph node? And what do you think those red dots like pimples were in my pubic hair region? Could it be HPV?
Expert:  Dr Wu replied 5 years ago.
HPV tends to be very painful and form blisters. Lymph nodes are deeper than pimples. Without examining you it's hard to say if the lumps are lymph nodes or not
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
o ok. they were defintely not painful. And if I had herpes or anything...would I have sores on my penis already? Cause its been 5 weeks since having sex with that infected person. So I shouldn't worry about those lumps or red bumps?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
?
Expert:  Dr Wu replied 5 years ago.

if the lesions are not painful, then they are unlikely from herpes infection.

the best way to find out if you are infected is by a blood test. People can be carriers of teh virus without having any skin lesions.

Dr Wu, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Board certified family physician, extensive experience in adult medicine, specalizes in geriatrics.