Christy Hammond
Christy Hammond, Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Experience:  I have a B.S.N and more than 10 years of training and experience in patient care and education

I finished taking Bactrim on March 10th. How long does this

I finished taking Bactrim on March 10th. How long does this drug stay in my system?
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The half life of Bactrim is about 12 hours, and it should clear the system in about 3-4 days.
The actual amount of the drug in your system will decrease by half every 12 hours. Without knowing how much is being excreted in your milk I can't estimate when the drug will entirely clear his sytem. It should clear his system within 2-3 days after the last feeding you provide, while you stlll have sufficient drug in your be excreted in your milk. If you allow 4 days to clear your system completely, and 2 more for him, it should be no more than 6 days. I am sure this is an overestimate, but it allows room for error etc.