A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

How long does percocet show up on a urine drug screening test

How long does percocet show up on a urine drug screening test? I'm in the middle of having a cytotec induced miscarriage for a blighted ovum, and I was in so much pain this weekend that I took one percocet a day to make it manageable. (It was so bad I was crying and couldn't get any work done.) The percocet was from a previous prescription for a D&C I had to have done three months ago. At the time, I didn't need to use any of it. Now, I have to do a drug screen for my first job out of college in a week and a half. What should I do? I'm not abusing drugs, I just couldn't handle the pain of the contractions. Please help.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. Percocet and other drugs of that type are only detectable for 2-3 days after the last use. You should be fine to test next week. You can always ask your doctor to prescribe some Percocet for you.