Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

Why do i consitantly run a low grade fever...99 to 101 every

Why do i consitantly run a low grade fever...99 to 101 every and it has been at least 18 months of this...I am tired all the time.
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 7 years ago.

If you have been to see your Dr lately, what was your WBC or your white blood count?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am sorry I have never done this...did you get my reply ?

I did not get the reply about the blood test, but got your reply about you never doing this before. Just wondering what has been investigated to this point?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes I have seen my Dr. latley....I have Thyroid desease with a goiter, I take levoxl for this. I go for my annual female exame every year and for the last couple years I have had blood in my urine...I have seen a uroligist and was scoped and had an ultra sound....all they say is that the blood in my urine is undiagnosed. I get by blood taken at our annual community health fair and nothing has ever been said to me about my blood cells...I have never asked because I didn't know I should. I just thought that if there was something to be allarmed about they would let me know. I hope this helps.

Yes, if your white blood count was elevated, they should have let you know. A fever of 99-101F should be cuase for concern for your Physician unless he has ruled out blood disorders. The inflammation from the goiter could be causing your fevers. Hashimoto thyroiditis, in particular can cause a low grade fever, thus also the goiter.

As long as you are under a Dr's care for all of this, in particular the thyroid, the low grade fever will come and go with this disease and your Dr most likely does not think of it as any clinical significance. Just make sure you are 100% compliant with your medications and routine thryoid testing.

Hope this helps! Please reply if more info is needed.

If my answer has provided you with some good insight today, please click "Accept" and I will received proper credit for my time and effort, otherwise, will hold your deposit. Before leaving feedback, please let me know if you need clarification or more info. Thanks for using