Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.

I am 51 years old andi am tired all the time no matter how

I am 51 years old andi am tired all the time no matter how much sleep i get can you tell me what could be wrong with me.
Hi there,

Do you have any weakness, change in weight, mood disturbance, diarrhea or constipation?

When was your last menstrual period?

Do you have any other medical illness?

When did you last had routine blood tests done?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I have fibermligia and back knee and hip problems also artritis and heart problems. My last period was lat month and i had blood dawn 2 months ago. I am vitimine D def.

A possible cause for your symptoms is thyroid disorder and you should get tested for the same to rule this out. Another possible cause is anemia which can occur due to iron deficiency, vitamin deficiency, arthritis etc. Again this can be tested with a blood test.

At age 51, you may also be experiencing perimenopausal symptoms which can be another possible cause of tiredness. Also depression or stress is a possible cause. So I would suggest complete evaluation for all these conditions by your primary physician. For now you should be eating a healthy well balanced diet containing green vegetables and fruits, and also take a daily multivitamin pill.