Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

smashed finger in car door yestarday, some swelling very sore

smashed finger in car door yestarday, some swelling very sore to the touch could it be broken?
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 7 years ago.

Hi and thanks for the question

Yes, these type accidents often result in a fracture of sorts. Swelling and soreness is consistant with a fracture also. Any an xray could confirm this. Until you can seek medical care, you can take some Ibuprofen or Aleve (as long as you are not allergic to either of these) and keep it elevated to help with the swelling. If you finger is fractured, I would recommend confirmation so that it can be splinted, if nothing else, a stack splint in order to keep the finger from healing improperly.

Hope this helps!

If my answer has provided you with some good insight today, please click "Accept" and I will received proper credit for my time and effort, otherwise, will hold your deposit. Before leaving feedback, please let me know if you need clarification or more info. Thanks for using