Dr Heal
Dr Heal, Doctor
Experience:  Graduate with a Bachelor

My lips are permanently sore. I try to keep them moisturized

My lips are permanently sore. I try to keep them moisturized and have tried so many lip balms (vaseline etc.) but nothing really works. I seem to keep my lips under control during the day (to a degree), but when I wake up the next morning my lips can be weeping a yellow substance and they are extremely sore and unsightly. Something seems to irritate them in the night and I think I itch them while asleep. I have tried techniques to limit any dust mite and taken anthihistamines but no difference. I also drink plenty of water. I have visited my local doctor but they don't know what is causing it. I'm 27 years old and my lips have been like this as long as I can remember. It is having a devastating effect on my life and I'm struggling dealing with it at the moment. Have you ever heard of anything like this or could you point me in the right direction? Thanks very much.

I wish to convey that no amount of petroleum jelly will help at this juncture. I suggest that you use [Apply] pure forest honey during day and clarified butter liberally during nights. See the result in about a week.

with best regards,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you very much that is very helpful. I have made some clarified butter myself after research on the web. I am about to go out and try to buy some pure forest honey although I'm not sure how easy something so pure will be to find. Will Manuka Honey help me? This seems more readily available.

Thank You!

In case you need the right way of preparing Clarified butter / Ghee [as it is called in India]

please read thru -

Or else you can source it at any of the South Asian [Indian/Sri Lankan/Pakistani.... stores] shops. Honey is also available there. "Dabur" honey is available all over US and Manuka honey if its easily available is good, no doubt. Usually the goodness of honey comes from the forest from which its sourced / collected as the good medicinal properties come from the various flowers nectors growing over there. Cultivated bee farm honey may not be having that much quality.

Good to see that you have taken pains to start the advice earnestly and believe me this itself is half battle won. good Luck and God bless.

with healthiest regards,