RAJESH  CHAUHAN
RAJESH CHAUHAN, Doctor
Experience:  + 26 yr experience; amongst 'Top 100 Scientists', 'Top 100 Health Professionals', & Who's W
15267337

hello I had my first scan on my heart as there was murmur sound,

Customer Question

hello I had my first scan on my heart as there was murmur sound, and found that there is a gap , now they want to do a scan to take pictures of the back of the heart, I have been invited for angiogram is that the same thing? Also I am very scared with this kind of stuff, as my doctor said they would put a camera through my mouth? please help is this all true or is there a mix up?
Category: Health
Expert:  RAJESH CHAUHAN replied 7 years ago.

How old are you?

What are your exact problems and when did the start?

Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i am 31 years of age.
the problem was detected this year.

murmur and an echocardiogram has demonstrated a large ASD.

Auscultation of the heart confirms the presence of an ejection systolic murmur, which is best heard at the left sternal edge. Doctor also wrote, My clinical impression was that this is most likely to be related to increased flow through the pulmonary valve, Lung fields are clear.

His 12-lead ecg confirms of sinus rhythm and right bundle branch block.

I reviewed this transthoracic echocardiogram this morning, the left ventricle is moderately impaired, however the significant dyskinesia in the left ventricle makes accurate assessment of the ventricular function difficult, the right ventricle is significantly dilated andthe volume overladed with some leve of systolic impairment, A Large (secundum) ASD was also noted in the subcostal view.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
hello
Thanks.

You probably have been invited for further studies about this defect. In this, through a cathetre inserted via your groin and into the heart, a dye will be injected. To see what is happeneing to the dye, a transesophagealechocardiogram shall be done which will define how much of the dye is flowing through your ASD and getting mixed with impure blood.

By having undergone this procedure, your doctors would be able to decide whether you would need any correction of the defect, and if so which method would be most appropriate for you.

Best wishes. It is quite safe procedure in the hands of experience doctors, so you don't have to be apprehensive at all.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
so
why was I told a camera would be put through my mouth? and I have sent a letter for angiogram?

If I dont want to have it through the groin , and arm is that possible?
As I have not been told nothing about the groin, or anything,.

So angiogram the wrong stuff? or this camera through the heart is wrong stuff?

I am totally confused and my appointment is on Tuesday all day.

Please advise what is the difference,

thank you

The camera will go through your mouth and into your food pipe to catch better view.

Angiogram will be done by sending up a catheter from your groin and into your heart. None of these procedures would be painful to you.

If you don’t want the catheter to be inserted into your heart through the thigh and want it through your arm, you may discuss it with your doctor.

Best wishes.