Dr Wu
Dr Wu, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board certified family physician, extensive experience in adult medicine, specalizes in geriatrics.

skin rash appeared on the inside of my right ankle..right leg

Customer Question

62 year old male, caucasion. Approx 30 days ago a skin rash appeared on the inside of my right ankle. Reddish in color, and has spread miminally to the outside of my right leg. The rash has a slight ich. I have treated it with Neosprin and Benadryl.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Wu replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for submitting your question. The most common type of rash to appear around the ankle area is eczema( dermatitis). It is typically red and itchy. You can treat it with over-the-counter hydrocortisone 1%- apply to the area three times a day, followed by a moisturizer.

Another possibility is fungal rash, although this typically involves the toes and heels, and causes cracking and peeling of the skin.

I hope you find this answer helpful.