Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

My husband gets a cramp down his left arm and accompanying

Customer Question

My husband gets a cramp down his left arm and accompanying this is a horrible sick feeling in the stomach, so bad he feels he is dying. His doctor thinks it is connected to the heart but I am not sure.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 8 years ago.

Greetings,

Since how long? Any other symptom? Any past illness? Any test ? Any treatment taken?

Regards.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
My husband had a double by-pass in September 2008 he has only started to get these cramps in the arm a couple of months ago. The doctor prescribed a heart pill which seemed to help but they have started coming back again.
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for the input.

The presence of muscle cramps can occur from a number of causes. These can be
deficiency of calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium-electrolytes, vitamins, dehydration etc. Poor circulation also can cause muscle spasm. When it is associated with sickness of stomach , it needs to be seen by doctor. In some cases of heart attack the symptoms can be felt like that of indigestion or reflux & may be confusing. When he felt better after taking heart medicine he should have a review.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish his healthy life.
Any query, please ask.
Regards.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I have not pressed accept as the answer was of no help. The money has already been taken from my account and I find this unacceptable. I will never recommend this site to anyone because of this and I am also going to report the way you operate to Paypal.

Penny Molesworth