Experience:  + 26 yr experience; amongst 'Top 100 Scientists', 'Top 100 Health Professionals', & Who's W

I have darker skin and scars in between my legs on my inner

Customer Question

I have darker skin and scars in between my legs on my inner thighs from my thigh rubbing together. Sometimes I break out and it turn into a blemish or a hard bump and when it clear I am left with a scar. What can I do to clear up the skin and get it to look more normal, it looks as though it is dirty but is not. Help me please
Category: Health
Expert:  RAJESH CHAUHAN replied 7 years ago.

How old are you & your sex?

Since when have you been having this problem?

Are you overweight?

Do you sweat a lot?

Any other problem?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am 29, a female, I have had this problem from my teens until now, I am overweight and I do sweat and the sweat with my thighs rubbing together give me a rash with red bumps and breakouts. I do not have any other problems. Right now my skin is clear, but the skin is significantly darker from all the years of my thighs rubbing together.

Thanks. Going from the details that you have provided, it seems that you have repeated maceration of skin which has also led to discoloration.

There is no way to completely return back to original color. Only thing is that any further darkening can be prevented by controlling the weight, preventing sogging of the inner garments, providing fresh air as much as possible like not using the inner garments at night and do with just a gown, preventing scratching, and by applying soothing lotion like calamine.

Best wishes.