Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.

i have sun poisoning how long does it las and what can i do

Customer Question

i have sun poisoning how long does it las and what can i do for it without going to a dr.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 7 years ago.
Sun poisoning can usually be treated at home.

Apply cold compresses to the skin. SOak some towels in ice cold water and apply it. You can ass some oatmeal to the water which helps it.

Apply Calamine lotion on the affected parts. This will soothe the skin. It is available OTC.

If you are having a lot of buring and itching, you can take an antihistamine like Tab. Alavert 10 mg which will soothe it. It may cause some drowsiness.

However, if you are having oozing blisters, it would be best to show the doctor as there are chances of infection.

I hope my answer has helped you. Please click on the green 'accept' button below for accepting this answer. Feedback/Bonus will be appreciated.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.