Experience:  + 26 yr experience; amongst 'Top 100 Scientists', 'Top 100 Health Professionals', & Who's W

Hi I have little things attached to my hair , my scalp isnt

Hi I have little things attached to my hair , my scalp isn't abnormally itchy no sores and I looked up what lice looks like and that's not what I'm seeing. also these little things are not particularly close to my scalp so I don't think its nits. I do have sensitive skin and normally very dry skin so I thought that may be it but I don't know what these little things are and they are not going away no matter what I do. Also nobody else around me have shown symptoms and my friends use my brush and hair towels, basically there has been lots of close contact.
Category: Health
Expert:  RAJESH CHAUHAN replied 7 years ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

For how long have you been noticing this problem?

How did it come to your notice?

How does this attached thing appears?

How old are you and your sex?

Are you washing your hair regularly?

Any other problem?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
HI, I noticed the problem for about a month now and at first there was alot of itching, but it stopped after awhile , I thought the treatments worked then I noticed these. They kind of do look like nits when I look at them, but thats the only symptom of head lice I have so I am very confused especially since no one else that I have been in close contact with has them and i have no idea where i would of gotten them from. I am 22 and female and I do wash my hair at least everyday if not every second day. Thats the only problem that I have .

Thanks for all the information. Well if you say they look like knits, that would be it, and your history suggests it. This has come to you by sharing of combs and a lice can get to another scalp this way from one who is already infested with it.

Since you say that the knits are not particularly close to the scalp, it means that the lice infestation had occurred some time ago, and not that recent.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
But no one else I know that I have been in close contact with has had them, and i never had any sores or seen any lice, does that still mean I have them?
Something attached to the hair is a knit. The lice may have wandered off just leaving behind its eggs (the knits).

If you don't treat them now, they will mature into lice and will cause you problem in the near future.

Best wishes.