Salar
Salar, Doctor
Experience:  int.medicine board eligible, research fellowship cardiology.. working at UTMCK
11855647

I have been passing out and my heart rate is in the low 30s

I have been passing out and my heart rate is in the low 30's i am 39. I had a ct scan done and the results were that my right pulmonary artery is deteriorated/missing and that I have scar tissue in right lung, calcified mediastinal and left hilar nodes, interstitial fibrotic , pleural thickening, fluid in right base of lung. Can anyone explain this too me I do not have insurance so a doctor cant see me to tell me. I was told that my lung is septic and I have 2-5 yrs could this be right.
Category: Health
Expert:  Salar replied 5 years ago.
well you should have an ekg and holer monitoring with cardiology evaluation for the low heart rate. you may have a heart block and can die much sooner if untreated . as fr the CT scan there are changes including fibrosis .. you would need further testing like bronc to identify what exactly this is. hard to say what you have without further testing. a course of Antibiotics may help. your main concern right now should be low heart rate and passing out and must get evaluated ASAP.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I had a ekg done and everything was normal already had antibiotic no better also done prednizone. Thanks anyway still do not know any more than before. Answer was not really helpful but you were nice to try to help.
Expert:  Salar replied 5 years ago.
well if you had ekg then you need holter monitor to record bets over 24-36 hrs to find out if you are having low heart rate.EKG alone is not the standard or optimal test. as for lungs next step is bronchoscope in which a camera is introduced down the lungs and some samples are taken for evaluation.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do you think that it is possible that the lung is septic? And that there 2-5 could be right the doctors told us they could not do surgery due to the septic what about the calcified nodes what does that mean
Expert:  Salar replied 5 years ago.
well since i have not seen the CT scans it is hard to comment but if the lung has infection that can be treated. what you described on your question stem doesnt require surgery . biopsy to identify would be important.the calcified nodes mean that there is calcium deposit in the nodes which could be prior infection, granuloma
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The doctors here said that since there is no palm artery to the r lung that they did not feel that they would help they put me on cepro for the septic and nothing
Expert:  Salar replied 5 years ago.
well see a pulmonologist n get his opinion
Salar, Doctor
Experience: int.medicine board eligible, research fellowship cardiology.. working at UTMCK