Internist
Internist, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified in 2 Specialties, VERIFIED,American, trained and located in United States
13024878

What is the medical suffix tocia mean

What is the medical suffix "tocia" mean?
Category: Health
Expert:  Internist replied 8 years ago.

Do u mean dystocia?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It just states the suffix ----tocia
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I know "dys" means wrong or abnormal but I need to know what "tocia" means. Thanks
Expert:  Internist replied 8 years ago.
-tocia, 1. a combining form meaning 'conditions of labor.' 2. a combining form meaning the 'product of giving birth.'

Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
So would it mean "birth" dystocia meaning difficult birth??
Expert:  Internist replied 8 years ago.
yes