DoogleNK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD

I have herniated and bulging discs and degenerative disc problems.

I have herniated and bulging discs and degenerative disc problems. My doctor, a Chiropractor treated me using the Decompression, Reduction, Stabilization (DRS) method (program), also some physical thephery. I received some relief, but not pain free. The back problem has started again. The doctor wants to use the DRS program again. Note, this treatment procedure is not covered by my health insurance, and it is very expensive. Should use this treatment again, or try another treatment program. How effective is the DRS treatment program? Do you recommend another treatment program? This is avery serious problem, I have pains in my back and down both legs.At times, my back pains are very ser

The DRS treatment program has been claimed to be effective in 70-85% cases.

I am an orthopaedic surgeon and I would suggest surgical decompression (which may involve removal of herniated discs and bone spurs to decompress the impinged nerve roots and cord) in your case. I would suggest your consult an orthopaedic surgeon for this treatment.

For more information on different treatment modalities, please read this.

Kindly press ACCEPT if your question has been answered. FEEDBACK & BONUS is always appreciated.
Please note that the information provided is not a substitute to medical advice.