Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

why does the very top of my head hurt Blood pressure is normal,

why does the very top of my head hurt? Blood pressure is normal, had it checked last week.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 5 years ago.

Hello

From how long you have this headache?

Is there any aggrevating factor by which this pain increases?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It seems to have started last week. It seems to come and go
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I also feel pressure in the very front of my head as well
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It will make me feel lightheaded if that helps with anything

The most likely cause of your headache seems to be a tension headache.Primary headache accounts for about 90% of all headaches.Tension headache is the most common type of headache.Stress is the most common cause of this.It can be caused by tightened muscles in the back of the neck and scalp or in most cases the cause is unknown..Also this can be from hormonal changes.Other causes can be neuralgia or temporal arteritis.

Most common causes of tension headache are:stress, muscular tension, vascular dilation, postural changes,anxiety,depression,low level of endorphins

You need MRI or CT scan of head to rule out other causes of headache.Blood tests may also required..So I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor for tests to know the exact cause & treat accordingly.Till then take tab.Ibuprofen 400 mg twice a day.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Take a total of 800 mgs a day then? I took 2 Advil about an hour and a half ago, can I take the Ibuprofen now?

Advil is a brand of ibuprofen.That is advil & ibuprofen are same. So don't repeat it. Yes,from tomorrow, you can take it 800 mg per day. This will help you greatly in relieving the pain.

Regards

Dr.Charles

Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated

Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience: Internal medicine specialist