Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

What if any effect does anesthesia have on the hair. How long

What if any effect does anesthesia have on the hair. How long would anesthesia be present in the hair. Would this effect chemical sevices done to the hair.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 7 years ago.
Anesthesia does not have any known effect on the hair.

It is often said that anesthesia may cause hair loss, but this is based only on anecdotes and there is no scientific evidence for this. It may be true in the sense that any stress can lead to hair loss, with both the surgery itself and the anesthesia combining to cause this.

There would not be any significant presence of anesthesia in the hair, and it certainly would not affect any chemical services done to the hair.

I hope my answer has helped you. Please click on the green 'accept' button below for accepting this answer. Feedback/Bonus will be appreciated.