Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  U.S. Physician/Surgeon in Neurosurgery

I cant put pressure on my left leg.When I do I feel weakness

I can't put pressure on my left leg.When I do I feel weakness and pain in my right thigh. Going up stairs, I need to support myself much more than usual. I drive a truck and I can't step up on the back platform without experiencing weakness. Also today I stepped on a pile of laundry, and experienced pain in my thigh.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 7 years ago.
Pressure on your left leg causes pain in the right thigh?

And are you now having weakness in the thigh muscle itself?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, I'm sorrry. It's all on the right side.
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 7 years ago.

(e.g. not related to the pain -- but true weakness?)
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It seems so, yes. Also pain when I put pressure on the leg.
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 7 years ago.

Well your symptoms of the burning pain over the thigh can still be related to the nerve mentioned before in the previous answer, but if you are also having weakness as well -- this could mean that this is irritation of the parent nerve, or a larger branch of the femoral nerve itself.

Such pains can come from a herniated disc in the back, causing a "pinched nerve", which could cause the sensation of pain travelling down the hip over the front of the thigh to the knee - and cause both numbness/pain and weakness together.

If you are having severe pain and weakness, it probably would be best to have this examined by a doctor, since this could mean severe compression of a nerve, and likely a MRI would be ordered to investigate this further. Many causes, however, will still improve on their own, as the nerve inflammation improves over time (which can be a few weeks).