Vivek Pillai
Vivek Pillai, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, M.D.( GENERAL MEDICINE).
15063316

I am having inner ear pain ( no infection) difficulty processing

I am having inner ear pain ( no infection) difficulty processing thought , i am off balance when i bend over slightly or turn my head ,and i am experiencing slow reaction time. Feel like my brain is being compressed. what could be causing all of this.
Category: Health
Expert:  Vivek Pillai replied 8 years ago.

hi.. ma'am.. appears to be case of labyrinthitis or menieres disease....but just cause you mentioned the difficulty in processing thought you may like to take an MRI of the brain as well as some middle ear/ inner ear problems spread to the brain too...you can take t vertin 32 twice daily for your feeling of being off balance , also restrict salt in your diet and do consult an eNT SURGEON firsthand so hat he could examine your middle ear/ inner ear with an otoscope...

if you are satisfied with my reply, kindly press the ACCEPT button so that i may receive credit for my work.. feel free to ask any queries.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

the symptoms i have only started today, other than the earache which i've had for about a week. my dr thought it might be a disfuctional tube making my ear pop alot. which it is doing. but now with my head feeling compressed and the feeling off balance as well as

not being able to think as clearly as normal he's not sure why the tube disfunction would cause this. I just want some fresh views. and would like to know how to fix it. He says there is no infection and my ears look healthy. please explain what could be going on so that i might be able to ask him better questions I have to see him again today.

HI, MA'AM...while feeling off balance is keeping in agreement with eustachian tube symptoms ... the disturbing thing is not being able to think clearly... make sure your doctor EXAMINES your ear or refers you to an ENT surgeon who can visualise the middle ear with an otoscope, to rule out a middle ear pathology known as cholesteatoma which can spread to the brain from the middle ear and cause similar symptoms to what you have described....also get your blood pressure checked and serum electrolytes too..