Internist, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified in 2 Specialties, VERIFIED,American, trained and located in United States

I have liver spots on my legs how do I get rid of them, they

I have liver spots on my legs how do I get rid of them, they are quite big.
Category: Health
Expert:  Internist replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

As you know age spots or liver spots are harmless but are a concern for cosmetic reasons. You only need to get checked by a dermatologist when the spots grow quickly or have irregular edges or change dramatically in color. These spots come mostly from exposure to sun and ultraviolet rays and or most often seen in fair skin people in those areas that are mostly exposed to the sun. There are several treatments available including laser treatment, cryotherapy, creams that contain bleach, dermabrasion and chemical peels. If you pick one of these therapies make certain that your dermatologist has extensive experience in the use of that particular therapy. I will recommend the following free website that will help you understand this condition better.

Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.