Dr Singh
Dr Singh, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD

Is chest tightness related to Adderall I take 30mg of generic

Is chest tightness related to Adderall? I take 30mg of generic Adderall in the morning, and 20mg in the afternoon. Sometimes, later in the evening, I will get a very uncomfortable "tightness" in my chest, concentrated on my sternum. It is quite scary, but tonight after reading some testimonials from other patients experiencing the same symptoms, I began to worry less. Upon being less upset, the pain subsided significantly. Is there an explanation for this?

welcome to justanswer and thanks for your question,

your age/sex please?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
23 year old female.

do you have chest pain?

difficulty in breathing?

any trauma injury to chest wall?

asthma or any other pulmonary problem?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I wouldn't really describe it as pain, just really uncomfortable tightness. Adderall does increase my heart rate and I am a smoker as well so I am wondering if they are related. I took a baby aspirin earlier and also calmed down a bit after being worried over my symptoms and I do feel better now, but this occurs probably twice a week. This is the first time I have taken aspirin, though.
No trauma to the chest, no asthma or any preexisting pulmonary conditions.

let me explain like this for you : since you don't have any other symptoms other than chest tightness(only during certain time period), it may be related to anxiety related issue.

Adderall is a central nervous system stimulant and as a result It affects chemicals in the brain and nerves that contribute to hyperactivity and impulse control resulting in alertness and this may lead to anxiety ,fast/pounding/uneven heartbeats ,chest pain ,chest tightness and muscle contraction, muscle twichings .

these are some of the side effects that may lead to such feelings, some patients on Adderall often feel chest pain/tightness as a possible side effect.

other conditions that may cause chest tightness may be pulmonary causes ,but aditional symptoms are often seen.

i suggest you to make a visit to yor doctor for an ECG examination to rule out any cardiac cause,and also visit your treating doctor for adjustments in adderall dosage.

i hope this information is useful.

Click ***"ACCEPT" (GREEN)*** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***POSITIVE FEEDBACK***which does not cost you anything.BONUS will be highly appriciated.