Susan Ivy
Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  BSN, MSN, CNS

ive just found out my boyfriend has infasemia he is a heavy

Customer Question

ive just found out my boyfriend has infasemia he is a heavy smoker of canabis he smokes it as often as a cigaret i need to know what this can do to him and how i can help him to stop and how bad is infasemia what is it ?
Category: Health
Expert:  Susan Ivy replied 7 years ago.
Dear XXXXX jen,

Thank you for writing to JustAnswer with your question.

Cannibis leaves thick resins in the lungs. It is not associated with as much cancer as cigerettes are, but does indeed damage the lungs.

With an addiction, it can be very difficult to get another person to stop. People generally will not stop unless they themselves are convinced that they should. Education may help. You may want to suggest he go to an NA or MA meeting (narcotics anonymous or marijuana anonymous - many people at NA meetings have had cannibis addictions and NA meetings are usually more plentiful.

Here is the link to the MA web site, and you can read information here as well as find out if there are any meetings nearby.

Emphysema indicates there has been significant damage to the lung. Of course, quitting smoking will help his lungs. See this link to read about emphysema:

Good luck.