Dr.Saurabh Joshi
Dr.Saurabh Joshi, Doctor
Experience:  Physician,Neuro and Vascular Interventional Radiologist
8591189

feels like something crawling, sting and biting me under the

feels like something crawling, sting and biting me under the skin on my face. what type of dr. should i see. my face looks terrible and the syndrom is persistent.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Saurabh Joshi replied 7 years ago.

Is there a rash / itching / discomfort on your face ?

Reagrds,

Dr.Joshi

You need to see a "Dermatologist" that is a doctor specializing in skin diseases for an evaluation and further management.

Kind Regards,

Dr.Joshi
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no rash. open sores. i admit i pick at area when it wakes me out of sound sleep. (theres a raised tube-like worm shape under my facial skin.) I pinch it with a tweezer (hopeing to dispatch it)   ---Heres discription of pieces i've tweezed out.-- little blood red balls and some poke up and are shaped like a small blood red trangles, sometimes something yellow or red, worm-shaped will poke out, when i grab it with tweezer it may break, and the other half draws back into wound. if i pinch really hard cause i'm frightened, and frustrated i can feel a crunch sound along the(?)'s length, reminensent of a verterbre. sometimes minute white things Look like dandruf flit around., but too tiny to distingush a shape. when i crunch the vertebre a really thick lump of bright red blood will appear. Any pieces i've plucked out i have never seen it move like it's alive. But under my skin, i feel the creeping movement, bites & stings. this appears to be more active at night. i've tried sleeping with the light on. this was not part of most dr's training, so they send me away with creams, ect, antibiotics that don't help. so i've been trying to help myself. but face looks worse and more lumps appear under the skin. I've had this syndrom for one year now. Little white hairs seem to grow rapidly all over my face. Are they breathing tubes? (smile)

From your description, this looks like some sort of mites / parasites that are possibly causing the sores on your face.

Please see a Dermatologist for an evaluation and a microscopic exam of the tissue sample of a skin scraping from that area.

This will help identify the causative organism and thus facilitate appropriate treatment.

Kind Regards,

Dr.Joshi