Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

I currently suffer from a bruise that wont go away on the

I currently suffer from a bruise that won't go away on the bottom of my arm between the elbow and armpit . I'm unable to raise my arm above shoulder height and it sometimes tingles/feels numb .Any thoughts ? I've been to numerous physicians .
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 7 years ago.

How long has this been going on. It is difficult to say --what I'm picturing may not be what you are trying to describe. The scenario you describe makes me wonder of some possible internal bleeding from the area of the armpit. This is a very vascular area with major arteries and veins. I would like to know the dimensions of the bruise you notice, any change in color and any known injury to your arm, under the arm, fall on the arm etc.

A high nondisplaced fracture of the humerus from say a fall onto an out-stretched arm might fit the symptoms as I picture them from your description.

Let me know further details and I'll be glad to get back with you.

If at any point you feel that I have adequately answered your question then please just press the "ACCEPT" button. Thank You and Best Regards XXXXX XXXXX

Anthony Bray MD