Macy RN
Macy RN, RN CHPN
Experience:  RN of 19 years.Experienced in ER, Critical Care, Surgery, Nutrition, Peds,OB/Gyn and Hospice.
5260558

Hi, I have found a pea sized hard lump on back/inner thigh

Customer Question

Hi, I have found a pea sized hard lump on back/inner thigh of left leg. It doesnt hurt unless pressed , is fixed and quite deep. I can pinch quite a bit of skin above it
Category: Health
Expert:  Macy RN replied 5 years ago.

Hi andybrthtford,

Is the area red or hot?

Thanks,

macy

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Macy

No there is nothing visible

Thanks

Expert:  Macy RN replied 5 years ago.

As you can imagine, the only way to be sure what kind of lump you have is to have it examined.

Nonetheless, I can tell you most skin or subcutaneous (fatty tissue under the skin) lumps are benign.

Most common are little fatty growths or sebaceous cyst.

Lipomas are benign fatty tumors, probably the most common ones in the entire body.

A sebaseous cyst is a closed sac found just under the skin and most often arise from swollen hair follicles, but also skin trauma can induce a cyst to form.

Benign tumors are usually slow growing, painless, and freely movable lumps beneath the skin.

Since you said yours is painful and and nonmoveable I suggest you see your doctor to make sure everything is ok.

Best Wishes,

Macy

Macy RN, RN CHPN
Experience: RN of 19 years.Experienced in ER, Critical Care, Surgery, Nutrition, Peds,OB/Gyn and Hospice.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi, I wouldnt say it was painful only if i press down hard on it, I noticed it some days ago I must admit I forgot about it. But just checked today and found it still there. Will certainly get checked at the doctor wanted to today but couldnt get an appointment. What else do you think it could be??
Expert:  Macy RN replied 5 years ago.

There is always the possibility of a tumor but I don't want you to worry. Most of the time it is nothing serious.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

ok thankyou. Hopefully it will just turn into a boil\spot over the weekend

Expert:  Macy RN replied 5 years ago.

You are welcome.