Macy RN
Macy RN, RN CHPN
Experience:  RN of 19 years.Experienced in ER, Critical Care, Surgery, Nutrition, Peds,OB/Gyn and Hospice.
5260558

It goes back and forth between the 2

I am a 32 year old female and for maybe 2 months off and on, my armpit gets sore. It goes back and forth between the 2 of them. I don't always have a sore armpit, but it comes and goes. I noticed that after shaving it gets irrated but there is nothing noticable on the skin. Also, the other day I noticed that my bra was rubbing in that area. Sometimes it gets itchy too when it hurts. Right now it hurts, feels bruised, and I think there may be a lump there, maybe pea sized, feel close to the surface. I need to mention also that it doesn't always hurt in the same spot. What could be causing this and should I worry?
Category: Health
Expert:  Macy RN replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Do you have any breast soreness or lumps?

Can you tell if it is more prevalent around your period?

Thanks,

Macy

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I do have fibercystic lumps in my breasts that come and go with my period. Really, I think it happens more when I shave. Are lymph nodes close to the surface?
Expert:  Macy RN replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for your reply.

Here is a picture from medical images.com

It could be from shaving but you really need to have an exam and possibly

a mamogram to know for sure.

Since you have fibrocystic breast disease you can also have it under your armpit too.

You know it could just be something simple but you really do need to get it check to be sure because it could be something more serious.

If you have an infection somewhere in your body it can cause your lymph nodes to swell.

Best Wishes,

Macy