Macy RN
Macy RN, RN CHPN
Experience:  RN of 19 years.Experienced in ER, Critical Care, Surgery, Nutrition, Peds,OB/Gyn and Hospice.

i have a green stool, i have been diagnoset with ibs, but lately

i have a green stool, i have been diagnoset with ibs, but lately i have pressure in my ears that feels like they are draining but when i clean them there is nothing and my throat feel a little sore
Category: Health
Expert:  Macy RN replied 5 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Sorry you are not feeling well.

Can you tell me if you are having diarrhea?

Do you feel dripping in the back of your throat?

Are you on any medications?

When did the green stool start.

If you answered any of these questions don't answer again. It just takes a minute or two before we can see you whole answer.

Thank you,

Macy

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
not diarrhea but it is a soft,long narrow stool. the throat is more scrathhy, my sinus passages do feel dry and full but not much when i blow my nose. no medications at this time. the green stool started yesterday sudenly and it was diarrhea, but no diarrhea today
Expert:  Macy RN replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for your reply.

Some common causes of green stool as you described could be:

~gastroenteritis

~Giardia - a parasite

~salmonella

~something you ate.

Since you haven't mentioned severe stomach pains too I would just keep an eye on it. If it keeps up you will need a stool culture done to see what is going on.

For the scratchy throat try spraying your nose with some saline nasal spray.

The pressure in your ears could be just fluid since it does sound like you could have some cold symptoms.

It would really help for your doctor to look in your ears with his otoscope to see if you do have fluid or a possible infection.

While you are at the doctor he can check your blood pressure and if needede a hormone level to see if you are entering menopause.

I know you would like a more difinitive answer but you really need to have a few things looked at to know for sure.

Why don't you try to see your doctor today. If you can't you go go by a store that has a BP machine or a fire house and they will check your pressure.

Normal runs around 120/70 . - 135/89

Let me know if you have more questions.

If you do think it is your BP up then don't use normal cold medicines as it could raise your BP more. The pharmacist can instruct you to a good brand in your area.

Best Wishes,

macy

Macy RN, RN CHPN
Experience: RN of 19 years.Experienced in ER, Critical Care, Surgery, Nutrition, Peds,OB/Gyn and Hospice.