Gupta Amit
Gupta Amit, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,MD,MRCP Over 7+ years of experience
14450924

I accidently swallowed glass shreds and need to know what the

I accidently swallowed glass shreds and need to know what the possible repercussions are immediate and long term?
Category: Health
Expert:  Gupta Amit replied 8 years ago.

Hi may i ask how long back did it happen?

Can you describe the glass shred i mean was it small long shary ends etc?

Do you feel any pain in tummy /throat?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It happened about two weeks ago. The glass was off of the top of a bottle in granules and shreds in different sizes without really knowing axactly what size I swallowed just knowing what I spit back out of my mouth. My stomach doesn't feel normal but i'm not in bad pain.

Hi well thanks for the input well most of the times objects swallowed with no symptoms will pass out from the digestive tract in 1-2 days.

I am happy to see that the xray and ct scan has not shown any embedded particles in the digestive tract. So i dont think you should be woried .

Well if the particles of glass remain embedded surely you will have symptoms like infection/ pain/ vomiting/abnormal bowel sounds/ dark color stool etc But i dont think you should be woried for now if you get the symptoms then definetly visit a doctor then.

Thanks