Experience:  + 26 yr experience; amongst 'Top 100 Scientists', 'Top 100 Health Professionals', & Who's W

Dizziness with numbness in lips and face

I have been experiencing dizziness, actually the feeling that you get when you get off a cruise ship, it feels like your head is in a cloud and you are out of it, along with numbness/tingling in my lips and left side of face. I have had echocardiogram, MRI of the brain, artery checked and all is normal. I am tired of feeling this way. It is VERY annoying and I am tired of going to doctors. Looking for answers....
Category: Health
Expert:  RAJESH CHAUHAN replied 7 years ago.

Hello & welcome to Just Answer,

In order to be able to help you better, could you please tell me

Since when are you having this problem?

Is it continuous or comes in spells (if so how long these spells last)

Do you smoke/take alcohol/ tea/coffee & how much

Has your thyroid and it’s profile been checked?

How about your electrolytes in blood, especially calcium?

Any other illness?

Any medicines that you are on?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The problem started in June, at first it was every few days and then then in September it became constant. I was out of work for 4 weeks. Then all of a sudden it went away as fast as it came and I was better until last week when the symptoms started again.
I do not smoke, I do not drink alcohol or tea/coffee.
The thyroid has been checked and was normal.
I was generally healthy up to this point.
The only medication I am on is birth control.
The symptoms get worse when I am around lots of people or when I am shopping. I find it difficult to concentrate.

Thanks for all the additional information.

You seem to have a normal health and I am happy that extensive tests have not detected even an iota of problem with your health.

This is probably something to do with your stress levels which gets accentuated when you have lots of people around and while you are shopping. It would be advisable to work out on reducing stress. You can try some hobbies, relaxation methods, meditation, yoga, etc. If these things do not help you then you may have to seek some expert help to reduce your stress levels.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Stress can cause all these problems??

For all the additional information that I had sought from you, the answers were in negative, and it makes me feel happy for you. Moreover, you have already undergone a battery of tests ranging from the brain, heart, vessels of the neck, ENT check up, blood tests, except for a little high cholesterol, thyroid, and you are not a smoker, don’t consume alcohol or tea or coffee, and are on no such medicines which could cause this sort of a problem.

Yes to me, without the privilege of a clinical examination, it appears stress related as you have mentioned that “symptoms get worse when I am around lots of people or when I am shopping. I find it difficult to concentrate”.

I hope that I have been able to provide you with the necessary information, based on the symptoms you have and the history of these symptoms.

Best wishes.