Salar
Salar, Doctor
Experience:  int.medicine board eligible, research fellowship cardiology.. working at UTMCK
11855647

i am currently feeling really down and i am hardly eating or

Customer Question

i am currently feeling really down and i am hardly eating or sleeping, i have been to the doctors and they said its stress but i think its more than that, is there anything i can do or take to make me feel more confident in myself as its affecting my life and relationship
Category: Health
Expert:  Salar replied 7 years ago.
do you have interest in daily activities, hows your sex drive, do you like going out... any recent lab tests like CBC or thyroid
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i attend college daily and i like going out shopping, my sex drive is not that great the now as my partner doesnt like me this way and its affecting our relationship and i i have not had any tests done
Expert:  Salar replied 7 years ago.
well in that case you need to have thyroid level, b12 or folate check. also important to see a psychiatrist to have psycho therapy. if the above tests are good then using medicines like zoloft or cymbalta can help.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
should i be having problems with my thyroid at my age as i am on 24yrs old and i ahve went to my doctor and they keep telling me its stress but i done a questionnaire thing on the nhs website and it says i have moderate depression, is there any way i can get thru this without ruining my life and relationship
Expert:  Salar replied 7 years ago.
yes.. thyroid can affect any age. before making a diagnosis of depression the above tests have to be done. even if it is depression you should be able to live healthy life on medicines / psychotherapy.