Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

When I listen to music or watch a movie, I feel an uncontrollable

When I listen to music or watch a movie, I feel an uncontrollable need to get up and skip and run around my room. I have been experiencing since I was a child and I was always to embarrassed to ask anyone. I have also searched online and all searches have given nothing.
This is a part of ADHD. It is a typical symptom of ADHD.

You are likely to be having Adult ADHD.

You should approach a psychiatrist. A diagnosis will be made on the basis of your symptoms and exhaustive history. You will need to be in close cooperation with your psychiatrist to make this diagnosis.

Once diagnosed, Adult ADHD can be treated quite effectively. Hence you should approach a psychiatrist and discuss about adult ADHD with him. Untreated the condition can last throughout the adult years.

You can look up this site for ADHD (for adult ADHD, look at the bottom of the page):
http://www.nimh.nih.gov/publicat/adhd.cfm

I hope my answer has helped you. Please click on the green ‘accept' button below for accepting this answer. Feedback/Bonus will be appreciated.