Experience:  + 26 yr experience; amongst 'Top 100 Scientists', 'Top 100 Health Professionals', & Who's W

I am a 74 yr. old woman in good health, generally. On Friday,

I am a 74 yr. old woman in good health, generally. On Friday, I seemed to "throw my back out", went to my chiropracter for a treatment yesterday (he found me 3/4" out of line)! Today, I awakened with my left leg in serious pain, from ankle to hip...pain of about #8 on a 1 - 10 scale. What could this possibly be?    Thank you for your counsel....very much!
Category: Health
Expert:  RAJESH CHAUHAN replied 7 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

In order to be able to help you better, could you please tell me

What exactly happened with you yesterday

Do you often visit your chiropractor

Any problems prior to this

Have you maintained a control over bladder and stools

Any other serious medical illnesses now or in the past

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yesterday, my lower back was inpain, as soon as I got out of bed. It has happened in-frequently before this; I have been with this chiropracter for 20+ years, & trust him implicitly. I do have control over my bladder & bowels (he, also inquired about that today, before treating me). No other serious illnesses except IBS affect my life-style; but Dr. Hunt did suggest today that these symptoms could be signs of extreme stress, due to a fall/winter full of repeated problems with my disabled husband. But...this degree of pain??? esp. now, where my leg meets my hip.

Thank you for your consideration of my pain, Dr.

Thanks for all the additional information.

Are you able to turn your leg, or lift it from bed, or put weight on it?

Are you able to walk?

Did you suffer from osteoporosis?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yes, I can turn it, , etc. I do not have osteo.

I have told you all details that I feel are pertinent to my pain problem. Do you have any possible answers for me....otherwise, I cannot sleep & feel frightened enough to go to Hospital ER.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Did you receive my reply saying I can turn, lift & stand on my leg??...& that i do not have osteo??

Without having the benefit of a clinical examination, I just wanted to be sure that we are not missing out a fracture of neck femur, which is quite common at your age. Moreover you had mentioned it that the pain is where the leg meets the hip,

However, since your pain is quite severe, as such you will have to visit the ER now. It may increase in severity. It could be sciatica because of ¾ “ out of line finding by your chiropractor. Yes for that you need to go to ER and moreso to stabilize the vertebrae so that they can no more cause further harm.

Best wishes.

If you think the advice was handy or reassured you further, or reconfirmed on whatever you knew or thought of by having sought a doctor’s opinion on it, please click on the *ACCEPT* button. If you have any further question please ask as the communication will remain open!!! POSITIVE FEEDBACK is always welcome.