RAJESH  CHAUHAN
RAJESH CHAUHAN, Doctor
Experience:  + 26 yr experience; amongst 'Top 100 Scientists', 'Top 100 Health Professionals', & Who's W
15267337

I had a blood clot in Nov in my leg and lung. Since then I

I had a blood clot in Nov in my leg and lung. Since then I have had tremendous pain in all my joints, foot, ankle, knee, hips, elbows, shoulders to the point I could not walk. Rhuematologist said he thought it was arthritis and would re test me for lupus later. He gave me predisone 10mg. I have been on it for a week and I feel so much better!!!!!Blood tests did not show any abnormalties, but blood test never show any thing wrong for me, not gallbladder or appendix so I do not trust them. Anyway, if predisone worked so well does that mean I DO indeed have an autoimmune disease and if so which one do you think. Also now I have burning/cooling senstion in my knees and radiating and in my elbows. What could that be? I am a 38 year old white female.
Category: Health
Expert:  RAJESH CHAUHAN replied 5 years ago.

Hello & welcome to Just Answer.

Probably what you had was a deep vein thrombosis that dislodged a clot to your lung. May I know what all tests have you undergone so far?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I saw a orthoped dr and he said this was out of his expertise. He ordered a full body scan which all the drs said the results were fine except I have shin splints, they also did blood tests and said they were fine, they tested for cancer, lupus, lyme disease. Then the rhuematologist gave me predisone for the pain and said to come back in two weeks. Now the pain his almost all gone but this burning/cooling sensation is odd. Also my eye sight has gone from -5.50 to -7.00 since my last exam in Nov. Drs have no answers, checked for diabetes 2 times and said it was fine. Fasting level is 113???

Thanks for all the additional information.

Have you undergone a thorough eye examination?

How much is your HbA1c, if that has been tested (for diabetes)?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I had a blood vessel ( i guess) burst in my eye and I went to the dr because of the coumidan, he sent me to a opthomologist whom checked my eye thoroughly to make sure there was no blood behind my eye. My vison was blurry so he did an exam and told me about the change in vision. He said at my age that should not happen unless there was something going on like diabetes. My dr redid the diabetes test and said it was fine but never gave me the reading the second time. The first was 113 the glucose level. I do not have my blood work the dr has it. I am sorry. Also after the blood diappated from eye I got a strange little welt under it for no reason. All this crazy stuff is
happening all at once. The Rhuematologist told me the eye dr should be able to detect autoimmune disease from the eye?????? It seems like everyone is confused and sending me in circles.

I am sure that your doctor would pursue testing further for the diabetes as your result was 113. What you have here is fibromyalgia, which could have any number of possibilities and reasons. If your blood has not been tested for ANA, I am sure that your doctor would do that soon.

Yes, your doctor was right in saying that an ophthalmologist would have been able to make out more from the yes if you were having autoimmune diseases, because they generally leave some telltale sign in the retina of the eye. However, since your blood tests are normal and your ophthalmologist did not find anything further, there seems to be no reason for unsettling you so much. Please cheer up for now.

For all these illnesses, and all at a single time, I believe that you must be stressed out. Your burning and cooling over knees and radiating to your elbows could be one of its manifestations. You must take control on your stress. However, it will require study for any impingement of the nerves arising from your spine, if this problem persists.

Best wishes.

…………………………………………………………….

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
so your opinon is it fibromyalga not RA or Lupus?   Do drs generally prescribe Predisone for fibromyalga? I did see 2 Rhuematologists the first one said it was fibro. and prescribed muscle relaxers to help me sleep the second said I had NO symptoms or fibro and felt it was arthritis but did not tell me what kind. He was more concerned about stopping the pain. So you you think it is fibro and stress. The buring moves from one spot to another and just started. I was wondering if since I am no longer in pain I can suddenly feel this burning. I am really not stressed I am elated the pain is gone, i would just like a diagnosis so I can move fwd.

thanks!!

You are right in expecting a diagnosis so that you could move on. It should be somewhat reassuring for you that so far all your tests have come out near normal. That leaves a little chance for arthritis or lupus. However your ANA test, C-reactive proteins and test for RA factor would have to be done to be conclusive. A repeat test for sugar and a follow up eye examination would also be beneficial.

Since you don’t have stress, this problem of burning and cooling could be because of some nerve that might be getting impinged. It would require further testing.

When every other possible reason has been ruled out for the pains, it then falls into the lap of fibromyalgia and the treatment then remains by and large symptomatic with having to resort to using steroids when the things flare up.

Best wishes.

…………………………………………………………….

RAJESH CHAUHAN, Doctor
Experience: + 26 yr experience; amongst 'Top 100 Scientists', 'Top 100 Health Professionals', & Who's W