Experience:  + 26 yr experience; amongst 'Top 100 Scientists', 'Top 100 Health Professionals', & Who's W

I need some help pleaseeee. Im a 27 year old female. Few

Customer Question

I need some help pleaseeee.
I'm a 27 year old female. Few hours ago i started feeling itchy on my neck really bad. When i scratched it , it was all red a blisters started to form. Now my whole body is itchy, red, big blisters and it is pain full.
Please tell me if theres is anything i can do?? I don't have any allergies at least not that i know of.
Category: Health
Expert:  RAJESH CHAUHAN replied 7 years ago.

Hello & welcome to Just Answer.

Probably what you have now, by having gone through your history, but without the benefit of a detailed clinical examination, is ‘Urticaria’. Please see your doctor or visit ER where they will be giving some antihistaminic like Benedril orally, or something like Phenergan by an injection if this urticaria is severe. Other vital signs will have to be monitored and the cause has to be treated.

Best wishes.

If you think the advice was handy or reassured you further, or reconfirmed on whatever you knew or thought of by having sought a doctor’s opinion on it, please click on the *ACCEPT* button. If you have any further question please ask as the communication will remain open!!! POSITIVE FEEDBACK is always welcome.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank You Dr. Rajesh Chauhan.

The problem i have is i don't have health insurance. Can't really afford to go to the ER unless if i really have to. Is there anything over the counter i could take ??? I'm just scared becouse it started spreading on my face too.

I don’t know whether Tab Benedryl is available over the counter and is a non prescription drug in your part of the country. If it is permitted, then yes it would help you. But going by the rapidity of symptoms, I feel you will be requiring a complete check up, especially of your vital parameters and some injectables will be required. You will need to see your doctor now.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Ok i will try Benedryl first if it doesn't help in an hour i guess i do have to go to ER. But i still don't understand how i got Urticaria if thats the case. I didn't eat or taken any medication that i didn't before. But its ok.

Thank you so much for your help.

Be careful though if you have taken any wine, alcohol, or any other medicine.

Best wishes.