Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

What does it mean when your foreskin swells and you get a red

Customer Question

What does it mean when your foreskin swells and you get a red swelling spot on your finger?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.

Since how long? Any other symptom? Any past illness? Any test ? Any treatment taken?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It has happened 3 times, its usually after my and my gf have oral sex, it swells and its really itchy and burns, I also get a red swollen bump on my finger the same time that all this happens.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the first time it happened we thought it was jock itch cause it was like last summer so i bought some cream and i put that on it, and then it happened like 3 months later and then now, it only stays swollen for a few days, and them seems to be fine, I keep trying to search online and it says that it could be realated to having diabetes?
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

By history it seems that the swelling is due allergy or infection like herpes as both occurs at the same and disappears without treatment. Diabetes is a predisposing factor for precipitation of any kind of infection. As it repeats you should consult a skin doctor for thorough examination, investigations and get the precise diagnosis.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish early recovery.
Any query, please ask.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
if it was herpes wouldnt it happen everytime we had oral sex?
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.
It may not appear all the time you are having oral sex. It may appear once only. It may not appears for years or months too. But for the confirmation you need examination by dermatologist. Please read the resource for details.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i just went on the website and nothing like that has happened, could it just be that maybe she has a high level of yeast or something in her body, and im just having a reaction to it?
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.
As I told you earlier that it might be due to allergy too.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
what types of things can i use over the counter that might help?
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.
If it due to allergy, then OTC antihistamine preparation like benadryl, zyrtec which may help. But confirmation with the doctor is necessary.