RAJESH  CHAUHAN
RAJESH CHAUHAN, Doctor
Experience:  + 26 yr experience; amongst 'Top 100 Scientists', 'Top 100 Health Professionals', & Who's W
15267337

rash on both legs, experience slow heart rates..chest

Customer Question

I am a 30 year old female taking sotalol for syptomatic A-fib. I have a rash on both legs, experience slow heart rates with weak, dizziness and chest pain. My doctor is thinking I should stop the sotatol and then get the a-fib ablation. Should I try this drug longer since I have already had adverse reactions to flecainide and tykosine?
Category: Health
Expert:  RAJESH CHAUHAN replied 8 years ago.

Hello & welcome to Just Answer.

Since you have already tried flecainide and tykosine and you have uncontrolled rhythm with Sotalol, your doctor is right in suggesting ablation procedure done. Your symptoms will thereafter get stabilized after having undergone with this procedure. You are just 30 and trying to remain asymptomatic with medicines alone is not worthwhile when a corrective procedure is available. Your doctor could only have recommended it after careful consideration and having excluded all other causes of arrhythmia.

Best wishes.

…………………………………………………………….

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I mainly stay in sinus rhythm now with sotalol the problem is the rash and chest pain. slow rate seems OK to electrophysiologist--38? seems low to me since I am at 70 without meds

A heart rate at 38 will be symptomatic. You have a choice here between having to continue on medicines and remain symptomatic or to undergo a corrective procedure once for all and be asymptomatic for throughout your life.

Best wishes.

…………………………………………………………….

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks I just need to know that I am not being too rash in getting the procedure....

It’s not like choosing between the devil and the deep sea. This procedure is quite safe and effective and can provide you with a permanent solution to your problem. Your own doctor thinks so. However it would be better if you could seek another independent opinion with a cardiologist, who would be able to correlate your history with the clinical examination. I could just make the use of the history that you had provided.

You have a very long life ahead and it should be good.

Best wishes.