Salar
Salar, Doctor
Experience:  int.medicine board eligible, research fellowship cardiology.. working at UTMCK
11855647

spots in my life and all of a sudden my body is full

hi im 22 and im suffering from an eating disorder. i eat between 300-600 cals a day. ive never suffered with spots in my life and all of a sudden my body is full of them. on my legs, arms and my stomach they are purple and very visable and on my face they are under the skin but are still visible in the light. is this a sign of anything. i would appreciate it if you could help me. laura
well from the description it sounds like petechial hemorrhages which is usually seen in low platelets from various causes including liver disease etc. I would encourage that you see your doctor and get checked . also you need to eat a healthy balanced diet with at least 1000-1500 calories per day. If CBC is fine then this could be due to nutritional deficiency .. taking a good multivitamin supplement should help.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
hi what does petechial hemorrhages mean and what causes it? laura
petechial hemorrhages could be similar to the spot you described under .. purple under the skin. usually caused by low platelets.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
hi i just googled petechial hemorrhages and it says its caused by hanging is that true and if so that does not relate to me. laura
do you mean by hanging ..
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes
well hanging will be looked as a sort of physical stress or trauma and can cause local petechial hemorrhage. but if entire body is involved as you mentioned it cant be from hanging.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ok can i also add my stomach is very bloated with abdominal pain, have very blochy skin (spots under the skin) the blood vessels on my eye lids are more visible, dry cracked lips with ulcers, dizzy with no energy and having great dificulty sleepig. i will go to see my doctor but wont be able to get an appointment until next week. i would really appreciate it if you could give me advice on what could be wrong. laura
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i did not get your answer. i will pay you but would like helpful advice that i understan first. laura
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
hi ive paid you! plz can you answer my question! i will ask again incase you did not recieve my question. as i mentioned earlyier i have blochy skin (purle spots underneath the skin) also my stomach is very bloated with abdominal pain, purple blood vessles on my eye lids, itchy skin, muscle weakness, stiffness, dry cracked lips with ulcers, dizzyness, tired but getting great difficulty sleeping. i will make an app with doc but please can you give me some more advice? i just want a clear picture on what could be wrong. can i also add im not great in understanding meddical tearms! i would appreciate it if you could give me information i will understand. thanks, laura
ok. sorry I was away. it seems that you are very dehydrated / low on calories. you should take prilosec OTC for abdominal bloating. eating good multivitamin with folic acid should reduce the appearence of ulcers in the mouth. also important that you see your doctor for some regular testing. eating a healthy balance diet will reduce alot of problems . you should walk, exercise on a daily basis and drink atleast 1.5 - 2 liters water of fluid daily. reduce stress or anxiety in life.. as for sleep once stress and other issues are taken care of it should get better. also may try xanax or sleep meds as needed but believe me you are too young to have sleep issues.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
hi ive just realised ive got blood in my urine what does that mean? laura
well blood in urine can be from various reasons including infection, trauma, kidney stones ,excessive exercise and bladder or kidney cancers and various other kidney disorders. the best thing is to get urine analysis to confirm the presence of blood and repeat it in 2 weeks. if it recur then ultrasound of kidney and pelvis needs to be done.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/blood-in-urine/DS01013