Salar
Salar, Doctor
Experience:  int.medicine board eligible, research fellowship cardiology.. working at UTMCK
11855647

my stomach been hurting in the lower area with some inflam

Customer Question

my stomach been hurting in the lower area with some inflamation
Category: Health
Expert:  Salar replied 7 years ago.
how long do you have it for .. where exactly is the pain.. any nausea and vomiting .. diarrhea or constipation.. medicine list and other medical problems
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

it started four days ago

lower both side to side stomach

no nausea

no vomiting and much gases too

Expert:  Salar replied 7 years ago.
well it could be gastritis or stomach ulcers or food intolerance. gastritis could be due to alcohol, drugs like aleeve or ibuprofen. it will be important to see you doctor n get confirmation . he may want to order tests such as liver function tests, complete blood and stool blood test and H pylori test. if it worsens he may refer to GI doctor for a scope. meanwhile taking prilosec OTC will help with this problem .. thetreatment for stomach ulcers is any is prescription strength PPPI like nexium or prevacid for 14 days minimum.