Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  U.S. Physician/Surgeon in Neurosurgery
206912

didnt get my second question answered. how would laser help

didn't get my second question answered. how would laser help my necl and what is interferential (dr arun phophalia
Did you want Dr. Arun to answer your question, or is it something that I could help you with -- if so, can you ask your question again?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I was put on lyrica for pinched nerves in my neck, affecting my arms hands and shoulders. Ive tried accupuncture ,chigong, exercise, massage. Its c6 and c7. had a stroke 2 months ago and fell hard several times and probably hit my nick as I was black and blue in many places. had tpa for the stroke. The answer by the previous doctor mentioned laser and interferential in his answer. don't know what that is. es you can answer please thank you. Customerbut hopeful.
OK.

Have you had a MRI of the cervical spine -- and would you consider surgical intervention for these pinched nerves? (e.g. are the symptoms bothersome enough to consider surgery)
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes i had an mri which showed pinched nerves and arthritis but the neurologist said it wasn't bad enough for surgery.
OK.

I'm not sure what laser treatment refers to in the cervical spine.

Interferential treatment can refer to electrical stimulation, which when applied to the muscles in the back, can confer some pain relief. It is a therapy that can be used by therapists, or at home with a portable stimulator (of mild benefit).

But if you've had these symptoms for a while, and they are truly bothersome to you, having a neurosurgeon evaluate your MRI would be best -- since neurologists do not perform surgery, having a pair of eyes that does may pick up certain nuances about your MRI.