RAJESH  CHAUHAN
RAJESH CHAUHAN, Doctor
Experience:  + 26 yr experience; amongst 'Top 100 Scientists', 'Top 100 Health Professionals', & Who's W
15267337

bad acne..my nose and between my nose and cheek bones

I am 40yr old and have suffered with spots since I was a teenager. I had very bad acne. Now I get spots, mainly yellow ones around my Tzone area particularly around my nose and between my nose and cheek bones. Also around my mouth. Which to say the least are very unsightly. I also get the same type of spots all over my back. I don't get any scarring from them they are just confidence sapping. I worry about having antibiotics as I had them when I was younger to get rid of my acne in my teens and know that I shouldn't be subject to long term usage again. I suffered with Candida for 4 yrs as a result of having the long dosage of antibiotics and I don't want to go through that again. Sometimes my face can feel great for a 2/3 days , it feels much dryer. Then for no reason at all it can start feeling very oily again/spotty. I feel at 40 it is about time I sorted this problem out once and for all so that I can really start getting on with my life , so any help will be massivly appreciated
Category: Health
Expert:  RAJESH CHAUHAN replied 7 years ago.

Hello & welcome to Just Answer.

Probably what you have now, by having gone through your history, but without the benefit of a detailed clinical examination, is ‘Seborrheac Dermatitis’. The area of face that you mention, the involvement of back, the flare ups and remissions, are all pointing to this diagnosis.

Sorry, but you will be requiring a sort course of antibiotics now, so that a remission is achieved. This particular disease is marked by chronicity. You will also have to avoid hot food, spices, chocolates, etc. Best wishes.

…………………………………………………………….

If you think the advice was handy or reassured you further, or reconfirmed on whatever you knew or thought of by having sought a doctor’s opinion on it, please click on the *ACCEPT* button. If you have any further question please ask as the communication will remain open!!! POSITIVE FEEDBACK is always welcome.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What do you mean by this disease is marked by "chronicity". I have looked at pictures on the web of this Dermatitis condition and it looks nothing like I have. The other thing to mention is that I have a shaved head. I lost my hair or most of it when I was about 35 and decided to shave it off. The spots are little pustules. I don't get the flaky skin you are referring too or like the pictures for this Condition refer too.. Any advice?

It could be possible that it could be anything else such as: atopic dermatitis, eczema, asteotic eczema, cutaneous candidiasis, contact dermatitis, drug eruptions, Pemphigus, Pityriasis rosea, Roasacea, Tinea, lichen simplex, lupus, xerotic eczema, exfoliative erythroderma, chronic granulomatous disease, vitamin B and/or zinc deficiency, erythrasma, and there can be any more number of possibilities.

I had referred to it as chronic, because you said you have it for over a year now, and sometimes your face feel great (for 2/3 days). Moreover, with a previous history of acne, and with the specific area involved, with you mentioning that the area of involvement is very oily, and your back is covered with in spots, seborrheic dermatitis comes first to the mind. However, clinical correlation is required to reach some conclusion, following which some other confirmatory tests shall be required.

If one has been using a lot of antibiotics and over the counter products, the clinical picture would never remain as per the text books. Your dermatologist has to correlate your history with the examination findings. It would be in your interest to seek your doctor’s opinion before you use some over the counter product or antibiotics.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hello, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I have been away on holiday. I massively appreciate your reply. Just one thing that I would say is that I have been to my doctor about this several times and they have never really shown that much interest, which is why I have ended up paying through the nose for various homeopathic remedies having never been diagnosed correctly in the first place. Do you think I would be better off simply going to a dermatologist?